This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable. This electronic record is generated by a computer/electronic system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Mahagram Payments Private Limited (“Company” / “Us” / “We” / “Our”) considers User relationship and data security to be an important component of their service offerings (“Services”) through Our Website and Platform (as defined below). We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of any personal information of our Users. We are proud of our privacy practices and the strength of our Platform and Website security and want you to know how We protect your information and use it to provide you with Services. This Data Privacy and Security Policy (“Policy”) enables us guard against identity theft and provide security for User profiles and transactional history. We constantly re-evaluate this Policy and adapt it to meet data security standards and to deal with new challenges.
In this Policy: (i) capitalized terms defined by inclusion in quotations and / or parenthesis have the meanings so ascribed; and (ii) the following terms shall have the following meanings assigned to them herein below:
“Applicable Law” includes all applicable Indian statutes, enactments, acts of the state legislature or parliament, laws, ordinances, rules, bye-laws, regulations, notifications, guidelines, directions, directives and orders of any governmental authority, statutory authority, board, recognized stock exchange, as may be applicable including but not limited to Guidelines on Managing Risks and Code of Conduct in Outsourcing of Financial Services by Banks, Business Correspondent Guidelines issued by RBI from time to time, Payment & Settlement Systems Act, 2007, Payment & Settlement Systems Regulations, 2008, Policy Guidelines on Issuance and operation of Pre-paid Payment Instruments in India, and any other guideline in relation to pre- paid cards issued from time to time by Reserve Bank of India and in each case, any implementing regulation or interpretation issued thereunder including any successor Applicable Law; “Company” / “Us” / “We” / “Our” shall mean Mahagram Payments Private Limited, a private limited company registered under Companies Act, 2013 and having its registered office at Office #319, Sarita A, Prabhat Industrial Estate, Western Express Highway, Dahisar East, Mumbai 400068 (which expression shall, unless it be repugnant to the context or meaning thereof, be deemed to mean and include its successors and permitted assigns);
“Mahagram Account” shall mean the access account created by a User to avail Services on Website and/or Platform.
“Person” shall mean any individual (including personal representatives, executors or heirs of a deceased individual) or legal entity, including but not limited to, any partnership, joint venture, corporation, trust, unincorporated organization, limited liability company, limited liability partnership or governmental authority;
“Personal Information” shall mean any personally identifiable information provided to Us by a User for creation of a Mahagram Account or availing Services through Website and/or Platform; “Services” shall mean the services provided by Company through its Platform including but not limited to financial inclusion services in partnership with banks as business correspondent, distribution of financial products and services including loans, insurance products, investment services, issuance and sales of wallets and prepaid cards and non-financial nature products and services through the Platform in collaboration with various partners;
“User” / “You” / “Your”; shall mean any natural or legal person who has access to and is using Platform; and
“Website” / “Platform” shall mean shall mean and include www.mahagram.in, mobile application of Company, any successor website/ applications, any website of Related Entity or any other channel facilitated and permitted by Company including but not limited to App, any other digital medium including phone, displays, emails, social media interfaces, messaging interfaces, wallet, payment intermediaries using Company’s interface.
- Collection, Storage and Use of Information
- 1. We collect Your Personal Information when You successfully submit information while creating Your Mahagram Account on Platform (“User Information”). User Information is the data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a person and/or the business entity that a person represents and shall include, but not be limited to, Your Personal Information and such other information for the purposes of identification and verification.
- 2. Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph 3.1 above, we may request such additional User Information as may be required for accessing and availing any Services through Platform as may be specified in the terms and conditions of use of such Service.
- 3. By creating a Mahagram Account and by accessing Services, you authorize Us to collect, store, process, handle and use such User Information, in accordance with this Policy and any other terms and conditions of use of Platform and/or Services (as amended from time to time).
- 4. Personal Information provided by You is used by Us to improve Platform and/or Service. We do not share Your Personal Information with any third parties for commercial use or revenue generation.
- 5. We may share Personal Information such as Your name, mobile number and email address with third party service providers appointed by Us to for sending SMS / Email communications to You in relation to Platform and/or Services. We ensure that such third-party service providers maintain strict confidentiality of Your Personal Information.
- Representations and Warranties
- 1. By creating a Mahagram Account and accessing Services on Platform, You represent that You are at least the age of majority in Your state or province of residence.
- 2. You shall not, in the use of the Service, violate any Applicable Laws in Your jurisdiction.
- 3. You also understand and acknowledge that the use of the Platform requires internet and/or mobile connectivity. You shall bear the costs incurred to access and use the Platform and We shall not, under any circumstances whatsoever, be responsible or liable for such costs.
- 4. You shall be solely responsible for all activities undertaken through Your Mahagram Account, whether or not You have authorized such activities or actions and shall, at all times, keep Us indemnified in this regard.